We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

I just thought I'd share our experience on arrival yesterday.

On arrival at the Maritim we were offered an upgrade to a Prestige room as our privilege category room was not yet available. We were offered the upgrade for €30 per night. After viewing the Prestige room we turned down the offer.

After getting into our original room we felt we made the right choice. Very little difference in the rooms from what we could see although perhaps the Prestige had slightly newer furniture and fittings.

I would say though, with the prestige room you can take breakfast at La Maree beach restaurant. I am travelling with my wife and 4 year old however and the buffet breakfast suits our daughter perfectly.

Just thought I would share as I was looking for comparison on the 2 before we left in case we wanted to upgrade.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

A couple of things I forgot to mention. Of course the Prestige room seemed bigger and also had a sofa. This area in our Privilege room was already set with an extra (single) bed for our daughter so hard to judge the difference. The prestige also had a walk in closet.

However our view from our current room is much nicer than the one from the proposed upgrade.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

Thanks for this Belafonte, we were umming and ah-ing about upgrading and decided not to as it was costing £46 per night and the rooms didn't look that much better. I'm now happier that we didn't go for it.

There is a possibility that we will be upgraded for free (honeymoon), but I have heard of people being offered a more tired version of the prestige room, which has made me feel cautious about the whole thing so it's good to hear that your privilage room is fine.

You may be aware by now, but according to the hotel you can pay £6 per person to have breakfast at la maree - I checked this as the only reason my partner wanted the upgrade was for extended breakfast options!

Have a lovely holiday!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

No problems at all. We may have lucked out with our privilege room but it really is fine.

They were willing to show us different rooms so you can always have a look. Although I have spoke to some honeymooners and some received an upgrade, some never. All seemed to receive a bottle of champagne and a free upgrade meal in the Chateau Mon Desir restaurant.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

Hi

What was the weather like?

I am thinking of that Hotel in August.

Thanks

Terry

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,503 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

Take look at the weather thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293816-i9265-k7…

6. Re: Maritim room advice - Privilege & Prestige

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:15