We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resort help

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
resort help

hi

we are a couple in our late forties looking for a relaxing quiet beach holiday in august

could someone suggest a resort with great beaches and hotels we could look at our budget is around 4000-4500 pound including flights

any advice on where we should consider

many thanks

ade

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resort help

The north and west would be my pick and the weather conditions favour that area. Look at the Maritim, Trou aux Biches, Oberoi.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resort help

Shandrani - it is the only fully all inclusive resort on the island and it is beautiful and cheaper than most

Edited: 02 June 2014, 12:31
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,004 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resort help

I wouldn't say Shandrani was cheaper than most.

But it is beautiful ;)

Heritage also has a similar AI package and Maritim also includes premium branded drinks.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resort help

heritage and maritime are not fully all inclusive - there are menu restrictioms in the restaurants and bars

Manchester
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: resort help

Not all of us require all inclusive, I find I eat and drink far too much so prefer half board. I wouldn't stay on the south coast in August, the north and west are far better for the weather in the Mauritian winter

6. Re: resort help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15