We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in feb 2015

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in feb 2015

Hello All,

I am from India, I have to plan my honeymoon for next year in feb 2015, destination would be Mauritius.

I am planning to take standard package offered by all Travel Agents (Round flights,North tour, South tour,Ile Aux cerfs, 6N/7D). I have couple of queries, would appreciate your help :

1) Which one is better for the accommodation, (adults only), Ocean facing room

CENTARA POSTE LAFAYETTE RESORT & SPA

Centara Grand Azuri Resort & Spa

La Plantation

Le Meridien, or other (if i am missing here ?)

2) Apart from the tour offered what are the other places to go around, like i heard there is a dolphin show etc.

3) Where can i get good variety of vegetarian food and Eatery's apart from restaurant meals

4) Any advice, keynotes from your sides for the trip...

thanks

SantoR

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

Le Meridien needs a refurb.

Plantation has just been bought out by Attitude Resorts who tell me that they will close the hotel from April 2015 for a much needed refurbishment and reopen October 2015.

The previous owners ran it down so I wouldn't stay there.

Centara Poste La Fayette I visited and like it - its a bit isolated but is on a bus route.

I think this would be my choice out of the list.

Centara Azuru Grand is even more isolated on the north east coast - not a good beach and none of the rooms are sea facing.

The resort is still under construction - they are also marketing private villas on the site and the owners will be sharing all the faciilites with the hotel

There is no dolphin show thank goodness but you can opt to visit them:

http://www.dolswim.com/index.php/en/contact/

For excursions see the list in Top Questions and also the list here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293816-Activi…

Edited: 07 June 2014, 14:27
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

thanks for the quick reply....but you made me confused ... can u suggest few other resorts probably in north west area..how is Maritim Hotel....

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

Why have I made you confused? ;)

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

sorry if i offended you....i just checked both Centara Poste La Fayette and Centara Grand Azuri Resort & Spa are isolated and on same bus route..... plus as you said other hotels are under some issues...can you suggest me some good hotels (ocean facing) in north west....

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

No problem.

North west Maritim is definitely worth a look.

I liked Intercontinental and it caters very well for Indian guests.

Oberoi is fabulous but its expensive I think.

Look at these hotels:

http://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/

Le Victoria, Le Cannonier and Le Mauricia are all good 4* - the latter is actually within walking distance of Grand Baie centre so good location.

Pricier but fabulous look at Trou aux Biches Resort.

Check out these Attitude hotels - some are north west and others north at Anse La Raie and Calodyne.

All good hotels.

hotels-attitude.com/hotels-mauritius/attitud…

I would recommend the new Zilwa Attitude at Calodyne on the north coast and also the two Anse La Raie hotels, Paradise Cove (adults only) and BlueMarine. Also Coin de Mire at Bain Boeuf.

That's probably confused you a little more, sorry.

One more close to Grand Baie is the 3* Merville - great location.

http://www.mervillebeach.com/en/welcome

And let's not forget the Veranda Group which specialize in good 3* hotels:

http://www.veranda-resorts.com/en/

BTW you don't need to limit yourself to the north or west in February - the weather is hot, humid and showery all over the island then.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

let me check on these hotels ....thanks again.... :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,454 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

You are welcome :)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

Hello,

I think you are planing your honeymoon way too early. I suppose the travel agents in India provide you the rates on per year basis as the Hotel Rates tend to change after a financial year or may be according to season in Mauritius, However as Bronia suggested and following my personal experience Inter Con is one of the favt among the Indians. However in lower categories Merville and Centara are good. For other activities you may try www.mauritiusattractions.com or book once you reach Mauritius.

Regards,

Piyush Sengar

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

thanks piyush....yes i thought of planning early ...just wanted to be familiar with all the bits and pieces... but will finally book in sept ... thanks for the reply...

santo

10. Re: Honeymoon in feb 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:17