We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in January

Hi. Just wondered if anyone can give advice on mauritius weather in January as thinking of a holiday next year. My husband and myself like to do a lot of chilling in the sun and sunbathing. Would this be the right place to visit in January? Many thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

Weather will be hot, wet and humid as it's mid summer. Rain fall is usually in short, sharp showers so there shouldn't be long periods of rain. For me, it's too humid at that time of year but others love it. Have a look at this site for more info. Will post another site tomorrow when I find the one I'm looking for - if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

http://metservice.intnet.mu/

Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January

Thank you for your information, it is very much appreciated. I keep looking at weather from previous years. It's our wedding anniversary so that's why we were going in January.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,899 posts
1,775 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January

Mauritius is a tropical island and the weather will be hot and humid even in its summer season.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293816-s208/Maurit…

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,763 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in January

It's not the time of year I would visit as also there's a chance of cylones. It's far too hot and humid for me and I'd spend all day in the sea or swimming pool not doing very much at all, ok for some places as a total relaxing holiday but we love to get out and about in Mauritius. Depends just what you want to do once there

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in January

I agree with the above comments in general, however, we were at The Ambre from 7-14 Jan this year, and we had a 5 minute downpour one day and a 3 minute storm one evening while we were at dinner. The weather was perfect the rest of the time, and the humidity was modified by the breeze on the East coast. You can be lucky and have perfect weather in January, but going in October/Nov or March/April is probably the best time for lots of chilling in the sun and sunbathing.

Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in January

Thank you for your advice :-)

7. Re: Weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:16