We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

Is anyone able to give a comparison? Trying to get an idea of how picturesque Mauritius beaches are. Photos I've seen aren't helping

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,366 posts
1,844 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

I have paid a visit to the Phi Phi island, the one Leonardo DiCaprio made the film, The Beach.

They are incomparable as they are different in their unique ways. I went to Phi Phi just a few years after the Tsunami at hit which left its own mark in this small island.

Mauritius is bigger and has range of beaches but although they are very good they are also full of coral. Phi Phi is smaller but it is also very crowded.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,113 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

I've also been to Phi Phi and agree with Preston. There's much more to Mauritius than just beaches although some are very picturesque

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

I've also been to Phi phi island (2012) and agree beautiful and can be rather crowded. Two different experiences,

4. Re: Phi phi island beaches versus Mauritius beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16