We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank

scottish
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Bank

Hi Any banks around Grand Baie ? To withdraw money I know there banks in Port Louis but just wonder if there bank in Grand baie to be closer to hotel Coin de Mire

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,503 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank

You have ATMs at Pereyebere - at Winners supermarket and also an MCB ATM on Pereybere precinct.

Less than a five minute bus ride.

In Grand Baie on the coastal road you have Thomas Cook Foreign Exchange and just round the corner a branch of Shibani - theres also another money changer on the opposite side of the road from Shibani.

The old branch of the MCB on the coastal road was demolished recently and the bank is now at La Croisette Mall - as are most of the banks now,

You can get a free shuttle bus to LC from the old bank (next to Ebrahim Car Rental) so no problem.

Also worth taking a look at the mall anyway.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank

Also ATMs at SuperU complex in Grand Baie.

scottish
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank

Brill Thanks thought i use bank to withdraw large sum one off charge so i dont have to use ATM often because of charges every withdraw

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,503 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank

No charges to exchange money here at the MCB, Thomas Cook or Shibani.

Rates are:

www.shibanifinance.com/pages/exchangerate.php

I just mentioned the ATM's at Pereybere because they are closer to you, but Shibani in Grand Baie is the best place to exchange money IME.

scottish
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank

hi Bronia sorry should says withdraw sum from bank with debit card can i ?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,503 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank

Sorry I don't think you can do that - you can only withdraw cash from an ATM I think?

Just carry sterling from the UK and change as you need to?

That's what we used to do before we opened bank accounts at the MCB in Mauritius.

7. Re: Bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16