We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim hotel from mid to late August

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Maritim hotel from mid to late August

I just came across someone who says that the villas are far away from the beach at the Maritim and you need to get a shuttle bus to the beach?

Is this just villas or all hotel rooms?

We were under the impression that the rooms were overlooking the beach, so a few minutes walk

Also would the south west be too windy for this time because I know the south and east are said to be cooler, what about south west eg Heritage Awali

Heritage Awali Vs Maritim?

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim hotel from mid to late August

I did not see any villas at the Maritim, all the hotel rooms faced towards the sea, but views depended on what floor you were on. and all were a few minutes walk from the beach. The shuttle tram is generally used to take guests up to the Chateau Mon Desir restaurant, though we used it after our riding session to return from the stables which are located close to the Chateau.

No idea about weather conditions.

When we were at Tamassa last year, we had a look at the Awali Heritage. That one has villas and some were well away from the beach., maybe your friend is confusing the two resorts. I would say the Maritim is far more spacious yet all the rooms are better situated for the beach as opposed to some of the ones at H A.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim hotel from mid to late August

Weather will be better at Maritim in August as it's west so sheltered from the trade winds which are prevalent at that time of year.

3. Re: Maritim hotel from mid to late August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15