We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Destination - Feb 2015

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

Hi! I am planning my honeymoon in 1st week of February. But we are little confused in choosing the destination from following, starting from Delhi/Mumbai for 5-6 days

1) Thailand

2) Malaysia + Singapore

3) Mauritius

4) Bali

Preferably in a beach resort for calm & relaxing stay. Want to roam around in city to see culture, natural beauty of place & little adventure too. Confused with the location where I can get all this in a moderate weather. Budget will be 1.25-1.5 Lakh INR all inclusive for couple. Can you help me out, if any of the above location is workable or have to think of any other place.

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,438 posts
2,105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

All four are suitable for honeymooners but will also suffer from tropical weather. Good hotels in Singapore will up your budget.

You can get suitable packages for Mauritius that includes flights, hotels and tours and its a popular place for honeymooners from India.

Mentioned in this post
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

Thanks Preston! Can you clear my following doubts

1) Weather Forecast for the month of feb....will it attract heavy rains during the period.

2) Please name some of the good beach facing resorts/hotels

3) Any travel agents who are doing bookings all inclusive from india....because i didn't find any good hotels offered in packages from indian e-commerce portals.

4) Major attractions in Mauritius

5) Night life in Mauritius

Mentioned in this post
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

Thanks Preston! Can you clear my following doubts

1) Weather Forecast for the month of feb....will it attract heavy rains during the period.

2) Please name some of the good beach facing resorts/hotels

3) Any travel agents who are doing bookings all inclusive from india....because i didn't find any good hotels offered in packages from indian e-commerce portals.

4) Major attractions in Mauritius

5) Night life in Mauritius

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,438 posts
2,105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

If you look on the right hand side at FAQs, some of your questions will be answered as regards to weather and things to do on the island. Its hard to be precise on weather, I have been in Feb several times and on one occasion only experienced one burst of 15 minutes of rainfall during my stay.

Travel agents such as Yatra, makemytrip, Thomas Cook, Kuoni should be able to arrange AI packages. Look at hotels such as Meridian, Intercontinental, Sugar Beach, Pearle that are located on beachside.

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Beach Mauritius
Sugar Beach Mauritius
3,534 Reviews
Mauritius
Pearle Beach Resort & Spa
Pearle Beach Resort & Spa
1,092 Reviews
Mauritius
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

I was here this February and yes we had rain and we also had Cyclone Fobaine at the beginning of the month.

Very hot and very humid with temps 2 degrees above normal this year.

Look at Sugar Beach, La Pirogue, Sands, Hilton on the west coast. Maritim, Intercontinental,Le Cannonier and Le Victoria on the north west coast, Ambre, Lux Belle Mare, Belle Mare Plage on the east coast and Heritage Awali and Heritage Telfair and Tamassa on the south coast.

Finally check out the south west coast - Dinarobin, Paradise, Lux Le Morne and St Regis.

Grand Baie is the place for night life closely followed by the smaller tourist town of Flic en Flac.

restaurants.mu/search/…

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Beach Mauritius
Sugar Beach Mauritius
3,534 Reviews
Mauritius
La Pirogue Mauritius
La Pirogue Mauritius
3,396 Reviews
Mauritius
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort...
2,726 Reviews
Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa...
3,723 Reviews
Mauritius
Ambre Mauritius
Ambre Mauritius
4,244 Reviews
Mauritius
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
5,907 Reviews
Mauritius
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare...
3,992 Reviews
Mauritius
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Heritage Awali Golf...
4,035 Reviews
Mauritius
Tamassa Resort
Tamassa Resort
5,572 Reviews
Mauritius
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Dinarobin Beachcomber...
1,683 Reviews
Mauritius
LUX Le Morne
LUX Le Morne
5,232 Reviews
Mauritius
Grand Baie
Grand Baie
Mauritius
Flic En Flac
Flic En Flac
Mauritius
6. Re: Honeymoon Destination – Feb 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17