We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

I have a query -

I am an Indian (Pure Vegetarian) and planning for a honeymoon in Mauritius (this December 6nights). Want it to be special and perfect.

As of now have booked Le Meridien (Deluxe ocean view room) and basic tour package (north, south, Ilux)

Following are my queries-

1. Hope booking Le Meridien is not a mistake as reading mixed reviews some say its awesome and some pathetic and aged needing renovation and unlivable. Want your views about the hotel in terms of room cleaniness, beach cleaniness, vegetarian food, pool, service and luxury

2. What is the best way to travel around in Mauritius - I think buses are not there after 6pm and cabs are very expensive

3. I like clean, crystal clear water and blue beaches. In this term which is a must visit beach for me in Mauritius and how to get there.

4. Other than above standard tour. I have 2 spare days. Which place or activity would you recommend to do on honeymoon (I am not too adventure loving person and dont like paragliding etc)

5. How is catamaran cruise? Is it worth going and which is the best operator and how to book?

6. Any special travel advise which could make my trip memorable.

I know lots of questions, sorry for that, but I just dont want to keep any stone unturned to make it special.

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,510 posts
1,681 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

I have stayed at Le Meridian, its a fine hotel but it does need a renovation and has needed it for some years. It has a good pool and a good beach, it has a dedicated Indian restaurant in the evening and both that and the buffet option has vegetarian meals.

I would personally relax on the non tour days either at the hotel or go to Grand Baie and wander about. If you wish to do the catamaran trip, book it from one of the operators in Grand Baie and haggle a price.

If you wish to travel, bus is good for Grand Baie or Port Louis but you should look to hire a cab driver for the day or half a day, maybe visit Belle mare beach and do the Ile aux Cerf trip.

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Thanks PrestonGuild for your advise. It was very useful indeed.

Looking forward to hear from others also.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Preston has given you all the answers. On non organised tour days I would be relaxing at the hotel and enjoying the beach etc., tours can be tiring - there's nothing extra really I can add.

Have a great time in Mauritius :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Agree with Preston and Mazza re # 4 - take some time to relax - its your honeymoon :)

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Re 4 it is your honeymoon, do what you are supposed to do on your honeymoon :))

Deb

6. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 09:36
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Your post will be deleted as it's against TA rules to advertise.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

I've reported it

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Thanks, Deb - it's gone.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Mauritius - December 2014

Just one remaining which I reported earlier.