We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 Degrees Sud - June 2015

Rogiet, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
20 Degrees Sud - June 2015

Have booked to go to the above hotel for my birthday next year and our Silver Wedding Anniversary, can't wait! Can anyone tell me if it is within walking distance of other restaurants/bars? And if not, are there bus routes nearby where we can jump on the local bus? Also any recommendations for the area? Sorry if this is too many questions, but thank you all for you advice.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 Degrees Sud - June 2015

Hi and welcome to Mauritius forum.

A friend of mine stayed here a while ago and loved it.

It has a shuttle boat to Grand Baie I think but its not too far to walk to the main coastal road and. bus stop either.

I think there are a couple of places to eat on the main road as well.

I left a note for my friend to take a look at your post but have a feeling she may be away but will proabable help out when shes back.

Don't forget to tell the hotel its your 25th anniversary.

Edited: 24 August 2014, 17:44
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 Degrees Sud - June 2015

You are in for such a treat! This is a stunning small hotel, where the personal touch is very evident.

There are a few restaurants in strolling distance but the selection is small.

The hotel has bikes to rent and its own small motor launch to take people right into the bay itself, and only takes a few minutes. I took a trip on their catamaran to a deserted island for lunch ( good quality wine and cocktails on the beach all included) ... a superb day out, but prepared to get wet from the sea spray.

The hotel's own restaurant was seriously good. The menu was not vast, but the quality, imagination and service were amazing. Sigh... quite jealous!

3. Re: 20 Degrees Sud - June 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:15