We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

England
14 posts
Save Topic
Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

Hi, we are thinking of going to Mauritius for our Honeymoon next september. Can anyone tell us what the weather is normally at that time of year?

We have read lots of good reports but suddenly cam across one that mentioned it was very windy which doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere else!

Also, has anyone been to the La Mauricia Hotel? If so, what were the good (and bad) points to note? Thanks.

cz
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

Hi Rich!!!

we have just came back from Mauritius, we spent our honeymoon there in Le Mauricia Hotel, and I can say it was just FANTASTIC!!!!

Accomodation was on a good level, we cant complain about anything. Great food, you can choose either buffet or a-la-carte restaurant. Great coctails. As we were on All inclusive, we dont have to take care about money. I absolutely reccomend AI.

The beach: I can imagine more beautifull beaches in Mauritius, because Le Mauricia hotel is in lagoon in Grand Bay, there are lot of boats and yachts, but you can swim there without problems, the colour of water is beautifull and the beach is large opposite to another hotels in this area.

you can do lots of water sports, and the guys from boathouse are really nice.

Great thing - Le Mauricia has All inclusive interchange with Le Cannonier hotel its about 10 minutes away with taxi, its little bit higher standard, but on the other hand Le Mauricia was more friendly. We came to spend some afternoons in Le Cannonier, had luches there and le Cannonier has really beutifull beaches. Its a great that you can change the place and you dont have to be only in one place.

Another positive of Le Mauricia - its very very close to Grand Bay, so at the afternoon you can go for a walk, shopping a little bit, there are banks, exchange office, shops, supermarkets, travel agencies.....I liked that.

Weather: we were there at the and of august. it was windy, the weather was ok, but the sun was shining for a while then it was raining for a while, then sun again, it was crazy. But the temperature was good - around 25 C , the water was warm, and in swiming pool the water was almost hot! :-) it was great!

So at the end - I really can reccomed it!!!!!!!!!

marta

Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

Hi RichE72,

We were in Mauritius between 12th and 20th September and spent 10 great nigths at Hotel Le Canonnier. The hotel is really nice, we were in a standard sea-view room. This was located on the windy side, but nothing serious.

The weather was nice and enjoyable: we had chance to swim and have some sunbath on the beach, and it was not too hot to make some journeys and sightseeing tours around the island.

I can definitely recommend this period of the year to visit there.

Regards,

Zsolt (IT88)

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
72 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

Hello there, I have been to MRU 3 times and the North/North West is probably the better side of the island weather side, the other areas are also lovely, but they can be prone to winds etc. The North/North West is also close to Grand Baie which is a nice little village with coffee shops and shopping etc which makes a nice change. I have not stayed at La Mauricia but have always known it to be a lovely hotel. Troux Aux Biche Hotel is gorgeous, which is also close by, that may be another option. It is on a 2km stretch of beach. September should be nice, not as hot as the likes of Nov - April, but will still be lovely in the day and perhaps pack a light pullover for evening just incase. May see you there, we are also planning late Sept - enjoy !

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,069 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

Hi

september is the latter end of mauritian winter so cooler. Yes, it is windy, but mainly on east coast; stick to west or north west for better weather. It might rain on and off, but usually not for long. You will still get a tan.

Best wishes

Bronia

5. Re: Weather in late September in Mauritius/Le Mauricia Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:19