We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le caudan waterfront shops

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Le caudan waterfront shops

im going to mauritus and want some information about this shopping area; it looks nice on the web site; re designer clothes shops, are the designer clothes cheaper than the UK prices? I see they have a calvin klein shop and ralph lauren, many thanks.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,458 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

I would say the designer shops are no cheaper especially given the exchange rate - we used to have factory shops which produced great knock offs but this stopped around 2001 when Ralph Lauren complained to the government and a lot of these shops were closed down.

I would go as far as to say nothings cheap in Mauritius.

Also check out Bagatelle Mall of Mauritius and La Croisette:

http://www.caudan.com/en/shopping.aspx

http://www.mallofmauritius.com/categories.htm

Pridemark sells some designer clothes but you have to look very hard and the sizes are very small!

Branches of Pridemark at La Croisette, Riche Terre ad Trianon.

Used to get some decent clothes here - Zara and some designer brands but personally not had much luck here now for a couple of years.

Good luck! :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,874 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Agree with Bronia, there are very few bargains to be had these days. I visited Pridemark at Cascavelle in June on the day it opened, they always seem to have a big stock but nothing took my fancy and the bulk of the clothes are in small sizes.

You might find Cauden waterfront disappointing too, it looks better on the website than in reality - well that's my opinion and a couple of my friends from UK who've visited Mauritius agree with me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Oh, that's a pity! i'm not expecting anything fantastic though! but hoped I could get some cheaper designer clothing for the kids! Sounds like the USA is my best shot still! many thanks to you both.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Its worth going to the Caudan waterfront shops for a browse, be wary that they might also be fakes.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,458 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Annie - Any bargain designer stuff I've bought was in the USA so I would say it is your best shot )

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Yes, the same here! thankyou for all your advice; we are planning on going to the caudan waterfront shops; im sure we will have a lovely time. we are staying at la pirogue. Never been before, but it looks nice and good reviews.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,458 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Annie - La Pirogue was one of the first resorts in Mauritius and has a first class record and reputation - I have a soft spot for it with its cute semi detached bungalow accomodation and its lovely well etablished gardens. A great resort IMO!

You will have a lovely time!

Enjoy Mauritius and LP :)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,874 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

There are some nice cafes and restaurants along Cauden Waterfront, we've spent many an hour in days gone by sitting with a drink.

You can also use the facilities at La Pirogue's sister hotel Sugar Beach. Have a great holiday.

Quatres Bornes
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

Hi Preston,

Not everything at Caudan is fake. If you go to the new building, Dias Pier, all the shops there sell genuine products. The policy there is that anyone who intend to set up shops must have all the papers and authorization from the head offices certifying they represent the labels here in Mauritius.

The company that represents Ralph Lauren is the same one that represents Armani Jeans, Hugo Boss, Zara, Mango, Celio, Gant, Esprit, Hackett and soon Tommy Hilfiger.

Annie,

At Caudan Dias Pier, you will find their Ralph Lauren, Celio, Zara, Mango and Hugo Boss shop. And the items are not that expensive. Range between £ 40 to £ 300.

Bronia,

Pridemark is involved in destocking. It is not the licensed seller of these products.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le caudan waterfront shops

I have seen the certificates on the wall. If you can fake an Armani suit, a Dior handbag, you can fake a certificate!

All I am saying is that apart from Pridemark, its Buyer beware.

You may not be aware that I do have relatives in Mauritius and they have indicated enough times that all may not be kosher with some of the shops selling designer clothes.

Get answers to your questions about Port Louis