We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Mauritius

1 post
Save Topic
Christmas in Mauritius

Hi

My family and I are arriving in Port Louis on the 24th Dec with MSC cruises until the 26th, short I know. But I am looking for info on what markets are open, beach activities that will b available and just general info on what to do with my children to maximize the experience.

I am sure this will just be a teaser experience and will want to return, but have to make the most of what time we will have.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,554 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Mauritius

Hi,

Given your short time here I would suggest prebooking a day or half day tour of the island - north or south, with a reputable company.

A lot of cruise passengers have used this company and given good feedback:

taxismauritius.com/tours_mauritius_excursion…

We use them for airport transfers and can vouch for them - as do other regulars on forum.

The Central Market in Port Louis will be closed 25th but look at Caudan Waterfront which is close by.

Shops, restaurants and activities - usually carol services at Christmas:

http://www.caudan.com/en/events.aspx

If you decide not to do a tour then just grab a taxi and spend a few hours at the north western Beaches of Trou aux Biches and Choisy, then head to Grand Baie, Pereybere and Cap Malheureux to see the lovely church with the beautiful backdrop of Coin De Mire island.

Shopping Malls at Grand Baie (La Croisette, Mont Choisy Mall and Super U) have Christmas activities and carol services which are well attended.

And look out for the fireworks Christmas Eve and Day - quite spectacular.

Pretoria, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Mauritius

Hi Tami D,

We will also be on the Opera , so if you do find some special places etc please share , so will we.

Best regards

Johan

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Mauritius

Have a look at this site, too, for ideas of places to visit.

http://www.mautourco.com/

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,554 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Mauritius

Just seen this advert in one of the local papers:

24th December Port Louis Waterfront has Father Christmas with Elves and animation 1130 - 1330

Xmas Time - Maurer's Band in the evening 1900 -2100

Christmas Carols 25th December 1900 -2100

5. Re: Christmas in Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 15:24
Get answers to your questions about Port Louis