We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

So I am going to Mozambique in August and trying to get my Visa stuff together, one of the questions is Entry/exit border, which my tour company is basically unsure of! The other is place of residence during stay, I'm staying all over, so not sure on that one. The tour company told me it might just be easier to get the visa at the border crossing, is there any truth to that?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
693 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

I did the visa at the border. I'm not sure it qualified as being easier than anything. I was pretty much lost in the process. Luckily there are people who hang out at the crossing and help tourists with their visas, presumably expecting tips. A guy helped my family and me, which took about 45 minutes, and I tipped him about $10.

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

The main border post between SA and Moz, if you are driving, is Ressano Garcia, on the Moz side. On the SA side it is called Lebombo border post.

3. Re: Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2011, 12:35
4. Re: Visa question, coming from South Africa, USA Citizen...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 08:16