We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

I plan to trip from Johannesburg to Maputo and then go to Nalrobi. I check there seems to be no fights between the two cities 。Please advise the transportation means. thanks inadvance.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

If you can't find a direct flight I'd think your best bet is to fly back to Jo'burg and go up from there.

Alexandra Matts- Travel Director- Extraordinary Africa

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

There are flights between Maputo and Nairobi with Air Kenya.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

Thanks to Extraord_Africa and Chris. I planned to trip from Johannesburg to Harare by coach and then fly from Harare to Dales Salaam or Nairobi, however I found all the flights would go from Harare back to JNB and then to Nairobi or Dales Salaam. Therefore I gave up this route. i searched on the website 'cheap on air canada' for the flights from Maputo to Nairobi or Dales salaam, no information for that route.

Please advise if I can trip from Maputo or Harare to Dales Salaam or Nairobi by coach and if it is safe to trip by coach in Africa. If it is not 'easy' for the trip by coach, i will fly from JNB to Nairobi or Dales salaam, and have my safaris in Kenya and Tanzania.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

There is flight Maputo-Nairobi-Maputo of course. Contact Kenya Airlines or Lam Mozambique Airlines. www.lam.co.mz or www.kenyairlines.co.ke

5. Re: How to travel from Maputo to Nairobe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16