We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

Which Maputo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maputo
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

Dear all my family comes in march to maputo and the dream of my uncle was always to see dolphins. Do you know if there are boatcruises in Maputo or where near maputo I can see dolphins?

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

Your best bet is to pop down to Ponta do Ouro. Hard trip on a shoddy road but you're guaranteed to swim with dolphins. Check out: www.mozambicanhotels.com/ponta-do-ouro-hotels

Maputo
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

Yes I know but thats exactly what I don't want because the road is not possible with my mum and my grandma.thats why I'm looking for an alternative.

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

Hm, fair enough. try one of the lodges in Inhaca or Machangulo - my concern would be, however, if your mum and grandma can't handle the road to Ponta will they be OK with the boats on the ocean?

Driving up to Tofo might also be an option albeit far.

4. Re: rent a boat or where to see dolphins near maputo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:19