We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Johannesburg, South...
13 posts
Save Topic
weather

How is the weather like in Mozambique in august?.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

south = cold

north = hot

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Mozambique is a big country Thandie, you should more specific. The south is freezing in August (jackets, scarves etc), whilst in Pemba you are in bikini

Johannesburg, South...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

i wanna know how Ponto do ouro's weather is like in august...

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
971 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Ponta do Ouro is Mozambique's most southern town. In August, in the middle of winter, you might get a few days around 26-28C, but at night it is very very cold. The water is freezing and if youplan to swim take a wet suit

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

its a little warmer than Joburg Thandie, but probably no differente to Durban if youve ever been there in August

Johannesburg, South...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

ok i guess its not that bad as Durban is not bad around that tym.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

I'm heading to Inhambane mid August. Comments on weather an see temperature would be appreciated?

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
971 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Prepare for both extremes, very hot during the day, and cold nights.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

We just returned from Tofo and the weather was perfect. I don't know exactly what the temps were but it was sunny and warm during the day, then cool at night. The water temp was fine, but you would probably need a wet suit to surf as the winds picked up during the week. We had one day of rain in the morning and then the sun came out. I did use my sweater at night as there was usually a strong breeze.

10. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 07:15