We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

nkf
NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Has anyone volunteered for this organization while traveling in Namibia. It is called Noah's Ark. My daughter is volunteering there in October and I would love to hear about anyone who has been able to spend time there.

MA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Hi there! I also think about to volunteer with this organization! Did you got more information about them, now?! Maybe we can stay in contact?! My E-Mail is: badrani@gmx.de It would be great to hear from you!

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

i came across the enkosini eco experience website online and wanted to know if it was ligit because it says to pay 50 percent of it upfront...???

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

It is just one of many similar outfits that are springing up to cater for "paying Volunteers" to work on the Farm. The website is quite informative and you get what you pay for.

As is normal these people ask for Fees up front to filter out timewasters.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Enkosiniecoexperience.com also offer desert elephant volunteer projects, with EHRA, Elephant-human relations Aid.

So I'm booked on that for 14th July .

Now sure, we pay to go on these volunteer projects, but hey, who cares as at least your money is funding an ongoing project that may just do some good for wildlife and locals.

And $1500 for 2 weeks food, lodgings and elephant tracking in the desert a'nt too bad when you consider what a 2 week tour costs!.

Enkosini are basically marketing these projects.Someone has to market them.

And it's giving people a whole different way of experiencing a country.Tours are OK.Self drive is great.

But to stop for some time, in one place on a project, has a lot going for it.

If I like this project, I'll be back.Or take of to Altai Republic and get lost up there chasing snow leopards.!!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Well said Jim.

When you get to booking Snow Leopards give me a shout. I will be along for that one! Fancy a bike ride through Damaraland for Rhinos?

Enjoy your project in July and get that Well built. Whoops, a pun!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

I had a great chuckle over your last post there, Mfuwe.

I had started looking into this project,

http://www.biosphere-expeditions.org/altai

because I wanted to combine it with revisiting Mongolia.But came across the Desert elephant project, after searching the web to check out volunteer projects, and something clicked.

So Namibia it is.

i see EHRA are also developing the school they support up by the Ugab river as a volunteer teaching project.Pity they hadn't started that earlier as my wife is a teacher and didn't think the well wall building project was her thing.So I'll check it out while I'm there. She's going to continue on a tour thruogh Botswana,Okavango, then to Victoria Falls when we separate at Windhoek.

.Who knows.?Might have to go back.

So you up for Altai later on?

Practise your throatsinging!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

jim,

Can't be worse than my normal singing, so I am told!!

Put me down for it!

Prob going to do the bike ride next May. All those girlies in their Lycra could be just the spur I need.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Tell us more about the Damaraland bike ride.Don't think I'd do it,- can't stand the chafing....but would be great to know about it.

Also, looking at the Noah's Ark project, I think if anyone is interested in animal welfare, and travelling, I couldn't think of a better way of combining two great loves.Go for It!

As for Altai snow leopards, well, just got to get my wife to let go of me!We'll work something out.Got a big trip planned for next year so when to work it in....??

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Hi Jim,

www.savetherhino.org and it should lead you in.

I might go to Noah's Ark/Enkosino as well. Mrs M does my packing and there is always enough for a couple of months. I think she may be trying to tell me something!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

What's wrong with chasing elephants with EHRA?

I'm there 14-25 July.We could really stir the place up!

Had a look at the rhino cycle ride.What a blast.Great stuff.

Amazing what's around these days.