We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

nkf
NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Has anyone volunteered for this organization while traveling in Namibia. It is called Noah's Ark. My daughter is volunteering there in October and I would love to hear about anyone who has been able to spend time there.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,982 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

kazziep,

You might get more answers about your South African trip if you post a NEW question on the South Africa forum, rather than having it buried away in this obscure corner of Namibia! :-)

(jimshu answers questions there, too,as do others).

Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
82. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Hi everyone,I've had the same problem thought the enkosini website was great, but cheaper than the other websites, so quite nervous about it being legit as its pretty much all my savings, i'm a vet nurse and thinkinga bout Noahs ark for 6 weeks from middle of february to end of March!! Anyone going in these dates??? Anyone be able to give me a little reassurance going on my own is a little daunting!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Enkosini is legitimate.They have their own sanctuaries and act as marketing agents for others.Noah's Ark is legit also.

You will have no problems dealing with them.

If money is a real problem then I'd suggest you look at Namibian Wildlife Sanctuary, NaanKuse" and book direct with them.

ecotourism-namibia.com/volunteer/…cost.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

www.facebook.com/home.php#/naankuse?ref=nf

85. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 18:17
86. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 18:17
Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

The 7kgs usually refers to the weight of your hand luggage not your checked luggage which is generally 20kgs.

The Comair planes that do the Joburg/Windhoek routes are not cessnas so I would be surprised if they have changed their luggage allowances?

Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
88. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Hi everyone filled all the forms to go to noahs ark with enkonisi in march, they want me to pay by faxing my credit card details to them, is this right?? Sorry to sound so paranoid but just want to check!! x

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,982 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

Faxing details is fairly common in south Africa.

A fax uses a telephone line, so is 'point-to-point', and not broadcast across the internet like an email. Quite secure.

If you are concerned about misuse of the fax once it has arrived, leave out some crucial details and provide them over the phone them, separately.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Enkosini Eco Experiences in Gobabis

You'll have no problems with faxing to Enkosini.I've dealt with them twice.Always reliable.