We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

Salt Rock, South...
Level Contributor
255 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

Has any one been to or stayed at the desert rose resort in henties bay. Any info on henties bay and surrounding areas would be helpful as we are planning a trip there in February.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

I've been in Henties Bay for about 20 minutes. Having just driven across the desert, I was keen to see the ocean. drove past the golf course made of sand, with some green patches on it, and saw the sea. Got out the car....and nearly froze! It's about 20 degreesC cooler than the nearby desert. gets misty most days, and then it burns off around 11am.

The only places I know within striking distances and Cape Cross (for the fur seals) and Swakopmund, which is a lively interesting town with good restaurants and accommodations.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

Hi there,

Not stayed in the area myself - just drove through on way to Swakopmund. Peterscot probably has it spot on.

Didn't seem much there, so it wouldn't be on my itinerary, but then I suppose it depends on what you are looking for as part of your trip.

Good luck ;0)

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

Yes, Henties Bay is quite nice.!! It is especially nice over the December period as it is just packed with lots of holiday makers. In February it is a quiet time but real nice! The whether is just superb during this time. You can also catch a good tan for the sun lovers. Desert Rose is really a loverly luxurious place to stay at. In December of this year we will be staying the again! Cape Cross is nearby an also nice to stay at. THere you will find a lot of seals. Swakopmund is of course just about 60 km awya from HEnties and it is like a samll city with lots of shop and restaurants- VERY VERY NICE! You won't regret going there.

Corinne , MAriental, NAmibia

Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

hi booked 2 week holiday through seaace spent 4 nights in etosha national park safari fantastic experience, then simon from seaace took us to his place in heintes bay. we spent 5 days all inclusive, fishing, drinking, eating absolutly fantastic host and guide. great accomadation, washing also done for you. then 2 days swakopmund and 2 days walvis bay. its my first time here but hubby has been x 5 i will be back in the near future. anything you want to know just ask.

5. Re: Henties Bay the Desert Rose Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:16