We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Ahead

Port Elizabeth...
4 posts
Save Topic
Booking Ahead

My wife & I will be touring Namibia from the 15 May - 6 June 2010. We will be entering from SA through the Nakop border post & wish to stopover at the Fish River Canyon, & then head north through Aus, Helmeringhausen, Sossusvlei,Swakopmund & Henties Bay. We will then proceed through the Caprivi on to Victoria Falls & return home via Botswana. We are campers & carry all our own equipment.

I would like to know if it is necessary to book campsites in advance ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Terry Baker

Port Elizabeth.

RSA.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Ahead

May/June is the beginning of the high season and if its outside the South African school holidays you should be ok. I am travelling through Namibia each year in May/June and most campsites are fairly empty, even Etosha. But it is always be better to book or at least inquire in advance just to make sure.

Werner

Eko Tracks

Port Elizabeth...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Ahead

Thank you Werner for the advice, we will definetly call ahead. Enjoy your travels this year.

Terry Baker

3. Re: Booking Ahead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 16:10
Port Elizabeth...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Ahead

Thanks for the warning with regards Unique Travel. Sorry to hear that you were scammed.

Kind regards,

Terry Baker

5. Re: Booking Ahead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:16