We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

Schiedam, The...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

I am thinking about camping a couple of nights at Palmwag Lodge in 2012 but I can't seem to find an official website with information about the rates, activities etc. The only information I can find is tour operator websites but I would like to have have direct contact.

Am I looking in the wrong direction? It seems odd for a lodge to not have a normal website with rates etc. nowadays...

Thanks in advance!

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

Hi,

The link to the official page is this wilderness-safaris.com/namibia_kunene/…

Palmwag Lodge is a Wilderness Safaris establishment and they do not deal directly with the public, you have to go through a booking agent or operator.

Gemma Dry - Owner - Discover Namibia Safaris

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

What Gemma says.

If Wilderness were to respond to every request for information from the public, they would need a small army of people. They prefer agents to deal with these enquiries.

Schiedam, The...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

Ok thank you both for your kind replies! That explains it. Although in these times it would be a good thing if a lodge had a nice page on Facebook with updates and news and things like that... Don't you think?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

If you know of a lodge that has a better web presence, can you please share it with us?

Schiedam, The...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

The website Gemma mentioned is very good I must admit, a lot of info on it. But I would be interested in camping at Palmwag Lodge (or at Khowarib Lodge) and I can't find prices on that. Also I would like to know if you can use all the facilities at the lodge like the pool, restaurant and take part in game drives when you are camping...

I also would be interested in seeing some pictures of the campsites and some opinions on if the camping sites are nice to stay at.

Anyone who knows the answers to my questions?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

Why don't you post your query to Wilderness? There's a section of their site called "ENQUIRY".

Also, there are many pictures of their campsites there.

You'll get prices from their recommended agents.

Or from somewhere like ATR (African Travel Resource). Wilderness don't give out prices to the general public.

Schiedam, The...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

I have been to the website Gemma mentioned and I can't find any pictures of the campsites. You have a direct link? I could post my query to Wilderness but I guess I won't get any negative points about the campsites from them do you think?

I came to Tripadvisor because I think I can get honoust opinions and information here. I want to know if the campsites are shady or not, if the ablutions are good, if I can use all the facilites at the lodge like the pool, restaurant and participate in game drives etc. That is what this forum is about I think... To get information.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

For Palmwag campsite and also Khowarib Lodge campsite you can use the facilities at the lodge like the pool, restaurant etc. If you want to eat at the lodges it is a good idea to give them a heads up so they are prepared.

Palmwag don't offer breakfast to campers but lunch and dinner is fine.

You can also take guided activities from both lodges if you are camping.

At Palmwag palm trees and bushes provide a bit of shade and at Khowarib you also have shady campsites.

The rate for Khowarib is N$90 per person per night. I have pm'd you the rate for Palmwag.

Most websites covering these lodges tend to focus on the lodge accommodation in their galleries, but I have a guide at Khowarib campsite today and have asked if she can take a few photos to share on here when she gets back.

Schiedam, The...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

Thank you very much Gemma, that is the info I wanted! Also thanks for the PM and I would like to see the photos when you have them.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has Palmwag Lodge an official website or something?

As I said, Wilderness don't have people to answer the general questions - you have to go through an agent. Which you have now done.