We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more trip report (with pictures)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
58 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
One more trip report (with pictures)

This is going to be a short report for now. I just finished putting our book together so people can view it on line if interested.

We spent 3 weeks driving around Namibia last August/September. I have been posting hotel reviews but I will be writing a more detailed report as soon as I can.

Here's the summarized itinerary:

- Olive Grove, Windhoek

- Sossus Dune Lodge, Sossusvlei (with flight over the dunes)

- Wolwedans Dune Camp, NamibRand

- The Stiltz, Swakopmund (Visited Sandwich Harbor)

- Cape Cross Lodge

- Twyfelfontein Country Lodge

- Khowarib Lodge

- Epupa Camp at Epupa Falls

- Dolomite Camp, Okaukuejo and Halali in Etosha

- Okonjima

All I can say, for now, is that we loved our trip. It was so much more than we were hoping for. Everything was new for us.

I miss spotting springboks and zebras. Right now, we're happy if we spot a deer or a squirrel.

The biggest highlights were Wolwedans, Dolomite Camp, Okonjima, Sossusvlei and Epupa Falls. But I'll come back to that later on.

Sharing the book is just a way to say thank you for the people on this forum who take the time to share their wealth of information.

I've been reading this forum for a few years now.

Just to be clear, I'm obviously not trying to sell the book. You can view it on line (don't forget to click on the full screen button).

Perhaps, it will inspire other people to make their own.

Enjoy.

Just ignore the pictures of ourselves and enjoy the book.

http://www.blurb.com/books/2599953

Swakopmund
Level Contributor
63 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

thank you for the link to the book it is a fantastic idea and I also hope that this will inspire more people to do this.

thanks and looking forward to your more detailed report on each place

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Great book! I have been meaning to put one of those together for a few years now after a Japanese couple showed me their one. Such a good idea. Unfortunately I just seem to accumulate more and more photos and less and less time...but one day hopefully I will get to trawl through them all and finally put one together.

Thanks for sharing!

sallylondonlondon
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Stunning photographs in your wonderful book! Makes me want to go back again immediately :))

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Blurb books are the best ones! I have loads of all our trips plus other events their service, prices and quality are all great.

Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Hi loved your book, great photographs. Just wondered which car hire company you used? Charlie

Vancouver
Level Contributor
58 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

We rented an older model from Namibia car rental. We used the Cardboard box for all of our reservations. They were awesome and I would recommend them.

Even though we had an older model, the car was very well maintained and all the staff we dealt with were also very friendly and helpful.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,801 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Fantastic photos and the book is very well organised, it tells the story without any word needed. Congratulations!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Great photos! You are obviously keen photographers. I'm planning a trip to Namibia next year and will look up the Cardboard Box too. Any hints and suggestions/recommendations for a fellow keen photographer would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Great photos! You are obviously keen photographers. I'm planning a trip to Namibia next year and will look up the Cardboard Box too. Any hints and suggestions/recommendations for a fellow keen photographer would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
81 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One more trip report (with pictures)

Great photos, loved the book. It's made me all excited for our trip next year!