We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organized tour south part of Afrika

tel aviv
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Organized tour south part of Afrika

Hello all

I hope to visit south part of Africa on June,July > i did not decided yet

exactly when

I also have a problem with the decision where to go Botswana or Namibia

1) About organized tour is there a good company that preform lodge tours to one of this countries ( I would go on the safari but i have some back problem and i am afraid it will be hard for me )

2) Does these tours are guided in English

Thanks ahead Doron

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,954 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Organized tour south part of Afrika

Try Wild Dog, Chameleon, Discover Namibia, Cardboard Box, Kunene Safaris, etc, etc.

English is the National language. All tourism people will speak it (and several other languages, eg German, Afrikaans, etc).

I think Namibia will be better for your back and bank account.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organized tour south part of Afrika

Peter is correct. Namibia is certainly a more affordable destination than Botswana. If your back is particularly bad and you want a guided safari you might want to consider a privately guided version. It is more expensive, but then it can be tailored to avoid potentially uncomfortable roads etc. Group tours tend to take the most direct route, which is not always the most comfortable. As someone who suffers with a bad back myself I recommend taking a pillow of sort for the long drives. If you are looking at camping trips then you need to go more to high end of the market. The mattresses on the more budget tours, whilst very good, will not be good if you have a bad back. Also it is a good idea to check with the company you book the exact vehicle you will be travelling in as distances between destinations in both countries are large, so you want to know you will be in comfort. Gemma Dry -Discover Namibia Safaris

Maun
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Organized tour south part of Afrika

Namibia is certainly likely to be cheaper than Botswana although if you go in June then you will still get low season prices in Botswana which makes it more affordable.

There is actually more variety of things to do in Botswana than people think but there is no doubt that safaris and game viewing are the star attraction. You will get bumped around quite a bit on the game drives in Botswana as none of the roads in the national parks are surfaced. They are all dirt track and if you go to one of the private reserves in the Delta then the vehicles will go off road to track animals which is even bumpier.

From that point of view Namibia might be a better option as there is more variety of things to do there other than safaris. There are direct flights between Windhoek and Maun though near the Okavango Delta so it would be possible to combine both countries depending on time and budget.

Mark, Gondwana Tours and Safaris, Maun

tel aviv
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Organized tour south part of Afrika

Shalom

Thanks for responses . I think I will take your advice and take the Namibia tour.

The idea of Okavango Delta that Mark write seems to my a good idea and try to combine it

Regards Doron

5. Re: Organized tour south part of Afrika

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2012, 10:19