We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windhoek to Okavango Delta

tel aviv
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Windhoek to Okavango Delta

Hello all

I plan to take a tour in Namibia and maybe after that to take a tour to see the Okavango Delta for few days .

What are the ways to travel from Windhoek to Okavango Delta.

I go by myself so driving is not a option .

Regards Doron

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windhoek to Okavango Delta

Air Namibia flies from Windhoek to Maun on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

To travel by road I generally use Tenna Express Shuttles, not that cheap (roughly N$1500 per person) but good and reliable www.tennaexp.com.na

Once you are in Maun you are at the main hub for light aircraft flights into the Delta, there are some nice lodges there and if you are camping you can use it as a start point for mokoro excursion into the Delta.

Gemma Dry - Owner - Discover Namibia Safaris

2. Re: Windhoek to Okavango Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:20