We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Etosha a must-see?

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Etosha a must-see?

Hello, my husband and I are planning a trip to Namibia this April. We have a limited number of days - between 6 and 9 (we can extend it to 9). So far we have decided to visit Sossusvlei, Swakopmund and Damaraland on a self-drive safari and are considering adding Etosha and/or Skeleton Coast. We don't want to try to do too much and end up spending most of the time driving. Do you think Etosha/Skeleton Coast are must dos that should not be missed on a trip to Namibia? I am not sure when we would come back and see it! However, we have done safaris in Tanzania and S. Africa before so are fine not to do traditional game viewing in a game park, as long as we see great sights/game viewing in the other parts of Namibia. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Namibia Tours & Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Wild Dog Safaris
Chameleon Safaris Namibia - Day Tours
Wild Wind Safaris
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,527 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Etosha a must-see?

Get the 06.45. It is cooler then for a start.

But either way you should be through the Airport in the hour, maybe a lot less, and can head out to your first overnight stop with minimum fuss.

Why are you routing via Jburg from UK? Why not Frankfurt and direct to WDH to arrive 06.45?

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Etosha a must-see?

Think you have got the trip right now that you have included Etosha. We headed straight out on arrival but did stay in Windhoek the night before our return flight.

Swap is a good base for visiting the coast. My pic shows Sandwich Bay. This was a great trip across the dunes following a boat trip off Walvis Bay. The landscapes are just such a contrast to that in other places we've visited. That said, it would be the place I would miss out if I REALLY had to!

13. Re: Is Etosha a must-see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:16