We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etosha/Erindi vs Kruger

Amsterdam, The...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Etosha/Erindi vs Kruger

Hey all,

I have to be in Windhoek for business in November and and i have 4/5 days to spare to do a little safari.And i was wondering what the best option was in that time of the year, i am looking to maxemize my game viewing as much since it will be my first and possible only safari!Since i will be flying via Johannesburg i have a choice of visiting Kruger but i think november will be start of raining season there and i wonder what impact that has on game viewing.My other options are a full 4 days at Etosha or 2 nights at Etosha and 2 nights at Erindi which i believe in that time of the year are still in the dry season which i believe is a good thing for game viewing?any advice would be appriacted!

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etosha/Erindi vs Kruger

Personally I would go for the full 4 days in Etosha, it is still a good time of year for game viewing.

Erindi is an acquired taste in my opinion. It is good if you have children and don't want to be in a malaria area. When I went it was packed with kids running about everywhere....not that great.

If you close the curtains you could be staying anywhere in the world really, the rooms are pretty uninspiring.

The game is good there, we saw wild dogs chasing a springbok which was pretty impressive, but it doesn't give a proper safari experience in my opinion like you get at Etosha and Kruger. I also find Erindi pretty expensive unless you are able to take advantage of local residents SADC rates.

If I have the choice the certainly I would prefer 4 days self driving around Etosha.

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etosha/Erindi vs Kruger

Etosha gets my vote too. Kruger is too artificial for my tastes, It sounds much the same in Erindi with translocated animals.

Take a drive up to Etosha, car hire at the airport or in the town..Stay at two of teh main NWR Camps, Halali will be good in November and experience some great wildlife.

3. Re: Etosha/Erindi vs Kruger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:16