We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel agent in Namibia

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Travel agent in Namibia

Almost without exception, we book all our travel arrangements ourselves wherever we travel, and do not use travel agents.

We decided to make an exception for our non-guided trip to Namibia, Victoria Falls and Chobe next year.

We decided to book with Gemma Dry who is a country expert on this forum because:

- we have learned so much from her numerous helpful posts and wanted to say 'thank you' in some small way;

- some of the places we want to visit are somewhat remote and while most had web sites, we liked the additional comfort of dealing with someone on the ground there who had direct personal knowledge and links with these places;

- we thought it would be easier to make one credit card/foreign exchange payment covering all our bookings rather than make separate payments for each;

- we had read on the TA forum that you do not pay any more for using an agent for accommodation, car hire etc - you get at least the same rates as on their websites with them paying a commission to the agent from that.

Having now booked the trip with Gemma by email exchanges, I wanted to say how impressed we have been with her helpfulness, speed and efficiency. We had mapped out an itinerary but Gemma made helpful suggestions which improved it.

Now the challenge is to stay patient for the next 9 months.

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

prahran the waiting is the worse bit!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

We are the same as you prahan in that we always make our own bookings our trip to Namibia being the exception.

In fact, I could have written your post about the excellent service from Gemma and Amanda. The only difference is we only have 40 more sleeps to wait!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Jekyyll and Hyde.

Great planning and much to anticipate.

The wait the Wait!

Let's hear it for Mrs D. I too have rarely looked back on a trip so well organised. NO, Let's make that Orchestrated.

From the booking to the paying of Deposit, the chatting and re jigging. The side themes and trips such as Mola Mola etc.,

Then the arrival and delivery. Great Car. Good arrangements. Grande Finale.

I wrote the score. The lady played it well.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated :o)

In the interest of fairness I think it is only right that I mention that there are many excellent companies offering similar services..Cardboard Box, ATI etc

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Of course there are and when I have used them I have praised them too where it was due. But it is your attention to the little things made you stand out from the crowd. Keep it up!

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

My wife and I also enjoy making our own reservations, however we decided to try another company that was recommended on this board to make some basic reservations. Long story, but after multiple months they were unable to get us our reservations. We made a call to Gemma and within 24hours we had all of our reservations.

I still have a hard time believing the ease with which she got everything done.

Great Job, and I also highly recommend her.

Randy

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

I know she doesn't need more glowing reviews, but I too had a great trip with Gemma earlier this year and would recommend her to any one for Namibia travel. We posted our report and reviews, but wanted to jump on this thread and give her proper due.

I agree with Mfuwe- the attention to little things. Our itinerary would say things like "go 74.2km and take a right on the D2314" and sure enough at 74.2km, we would see the sign and hang a right. Very comforting for us first timers.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Gemma: Are you doing SA trips yet ?

california
Level Contributor
306 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Gemma arranged my trip also. We leave in 49 sleeps and can't wait!

Edited: 24 August 2012, 17:42
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel agent in Namibia

Calm down. It's a commercial!

(And her rates may go up!!)