We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swakopmund aquarium open again!

Windhoek
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swakopmund aquarium open again!

We were just at the coast and visited the aquarium which re-opened at the weekend after being closed for over a year. It's not on the same scale as the Cape Town Two Oceans Aquarium, but it's a really good way to spend an hour or so, and especially if you have children with you. It's also an interesting introduction to the Atlantic ocean environment.

Nothing much has changed, just a generally clean up and renovation, but they do now have around 6 kids computer screens upstairs with touch-interactive displays giving information about the aquarium as well as puzzles and quizzes.

Well worth a visit, especially if the coastal fog is taking some time to lift! It's open from 10am until 4pm, feeding time is at 3pm.

Charlotte ATI Holidays

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swakopmund aquarium open again!

Aha that aquarium was me and my hubby's Saturday retreat, when they feed the turtles. It was always a fab place, if very small, you just have to enjoy it for what it is.. Namibia's national aquarium! We always loved it.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swakopmund aquarium open again!

"Welcome Mrs Bond. I've been expecting you!" (Always wanted to say that!!)

Going Private Charlotte?

M. (not that one!)

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swakopmund aquarium open again!

Ah no, for some reason it just logged me in under my old Charlotte details instead of ATI. At some point I will get the hang of this!!

4. Re: Swakopmund aquarium open again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 10:21