We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

NJ
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

Hi

We will be meeting up with some other family members in Rundu early next September and have five nights and five days together. We were planning on heading into Kavango and Caprivi to see Mudumu and Mamili, along with a stop at Lizauli Village staying at Nkasa Lupala Camp; as well as Mahango and Bwabwata staying at Ndhovu Safari Lodge. We have been to Vic Falls as well as Chobe, so we thought we would spend the time there in Namibia.

Can anyone suggest whether it would be better to spend three nights at Nkasa or Ndhovu? Is there more to see at one of these versus the other? Any other suggestions for what we should be doing or seeing in the area?

Thanks

Lark Journeys
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wild Wind Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Chameleon Safaris Namibia - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

I would definitely suggest 3 nights at Nkasa Lupala, this lodge has been a real hit with our clients this year. Often when our clients get back from their trips they give us feedback on the lodges they went to, and quite honestly every single group we have sent to Nkasa Lupala have made a point of letting us know it was fabulous, good staff, good service and food and excellent activities. There is lots to do, from game drives in Mamili and Mudumu to boat cruises on the river, mokoro trips and game walks.

Another lodge that has been getting rave reports from our clients is River Dance Lodge in the Kavango Region. I would be more inclined to pick that lodge over Nhdovu, not because we have received any bad reports about Ndhovu, but just because people seem to be enjoying River Dance odge so much more.

Hope that helps a bit!

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Mentioned in this post
Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

I would agree with Gemma with regards Nkasa Lupala, so far we have not heard a negative word about this lodge from our guests and we have sent quite a few people up there since it opened! We haven't used River Dance much yet, but the few guests we have booked there have been really happy. We also receive very good feedback from Ndhovu, so all in all good choices I think!

Charlotte ATI Holidays

Windhoek, Windhoek...
Level Contributor
47 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

Hi,

I can agree with David and Gemma. Nkasa Lupala got a great location for wildlife and visiting the parks. Of course these 2 lodges is more than 200km apart an I would recommend staying in both areas, especially also visiting the Popa Falls at Divundu. For more upmarket options you can try Lianshulu Lodge (same area as Nkasa Lupala) more waterbased activities, and also Divava Lodge (close to Ndovu) you can also try Mahango River Lodge, their guides are very good for game drives in the Mahango National Park. Enjoy your visite an safe driving!

Marie (APS)

NJ
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions. Now, for planning the rest of the trip...

5. Re: 5 nights in Caprivi/Kavango - suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 10:16