We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November holiday

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
November holiday

This past November we just spent a wonderful holiday in the Cape. We are now strongly considering visiting Namibia in early November of 2013 Is this a good time to visit Namibia?

From what I learned on the internet, November is sunny and we can expect thunder storms?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November holiday

We are going in Nov 2013 and have been in October before. Very hot most places except the coast where surprisingly cool. Got lots of threats of storms inc thunder and lightening but none actually happened.. The big plus is of course in Etosha which is visually pretty bleak with little or no vegetation and the animals, desperate for water, come to the waterholes in astonishing numbers. If you get a chance to see the new BBC series on Africa the first programme is pretty well Namibia at that time of year.

Of course Namibia is much more than Etosha,dont miss Damaraland, Dead vlei, Dune 45, the coast, the german towns.......

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November holiday

Manchester, thank you so much for your reply. I sincerely appreciate it.

Namibia
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November holiday

November is a good time to travel as it's just after the high season and not so busy anymore.

The weather is going to be quite warm already and you could get a few thunderstorms and rain, but they pass pretty quickly and it's no need to worry about that. If you get a bit of rain, it usually passes quickly and cooled you off a bit.

As mentioned above, Etosha is also still quite dry and the wild life has to come to the waterholes, which makes sightings easier.

Clive - Suricate Safaris

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November holiday

November can be very hot, so you need to be prepared of that. 40 degrees is not unusual inland so it is my least favorite time of year for camping trips. It is a great time for game viewing though and also falls into low season for many places, so it is becoming a very popular time to visit. You can get afternoon thunder showers, but you will actually be very glad of that when they happen as it clears the air nicely.

Have a great trips,

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November holiday

I second that it can be very hot then. But if you are staying places with AC, ie not camping much, I do not see how it could be much of a problem

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November holiday

I have no idea if it makes much difference but we would be travelling right at the beginning of November. Probably leaving Vancouver in late October 28,29, or 30.

We certainly won't be camping. Unless you count the type of" tents" at the Shamwari game reserve in the Cape camping....:) That is about as near to a tent as I want to get their "tents" had showers, jetted tub, A/C, heaters and a king size bed. It also had a plunge pool on our deck. The plunge pool and jetted tub I can live without, though it was very nice. The rest of the list is a must have.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: November holiday

November is nice and hot, some parts can go up to 40, but your average temperature around 32-35, the coast are most of the year colder than the rest of the country.

you can have some rain, but nothing to worry about. still a great time to visit etosha, Damaraland, Kaokoland.

8. Re: November holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19