We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to namibia

Brighton, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
flights to namibia

I am planing to go to

Namibia for 2 to 3 week.

and i need someone to tell me roughly

how much it would cost to go from London, England

to Windhoek.

for 4 adults and 2 kids under the price of 4,00 pounds

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to namibia

You can fly via Frankfurt or Johannesburg.

Airlines include AIr Namibia, BA, SAA, Virgin, etc.

They all have websites and publish their prices, or you can use something like Google.

A lot depends on when you want to go (time of year - school holidays are usually more expensive), and how far iin advance you book.

I would say allow £900 per head. The age of the kids is significant.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to namibia

If I was you I would look to flying to Germany & getting the AirNamib flight to Windhoek, otherwise you will probably have to go to Jo'b then change & go back up to Windhoek, such a waste of time.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to namibia

At the moment I wouldn't recommend the Frankfurt - Windhoek flight with Air Namibia. They have been very unreliable lately.

We have had several clients who had their flight changed right at the last minute, meaning a lot of stress for them and shuffling about for accommodations etc.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to namibia

Turkish Airlines via Istanbul and Joberg then get seperate flight to Windhoek. I paid around £740 a head in March (from Manchester)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to namibia

Sorry, I should have said that the most common routes are via Frankfurt or Joburg, but of course you can fly via almost any European capital to Joburg, so you have lots of choice and if you book the flights separately, you'll probably save a bit of Air Passenger Duty, as your long flight will not be starting in the UK.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to namibia

Hi,

As much as I like the idea of avoiding the exorbitant Air passenger duty levied on travellers flying out of UK long haul, but you need to be aware that if you are booking different legs like LHR-FRA, FRA-JNB, JNB-WDH with different carriers and different tickets then one carrier does not have any responsibility of accommodating you if one of your flights get delayed/cancelled etc.

For travelling on different PNR/different carriers you need to have plenty of time in between flights and have good travel insurance.

At present I'll not touch Air Namibia with a barge pole. Have a feeling it may go belly up!! I sincerely hope Namibia Govt do something about their national carrier.

Best wishes.

Namibia
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to namibia

The flight prices also depend when you are flying and if it is high season or not. Sometimes it is much cheaper flying with Air Namibia from Frankfurt to WIndhoek, but than again in the South African off season (June to September), you can get very good prices via Johannesburg.

It also depends on how old the children are. Any child over 12 years is going to pay adult prices.

I don't think you will get the flights for under 4k, if than maybe via Dubai, which will make it a long flight.

Clive

Suricate Safaris Namibia

Belgium
Level Contributor
317 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights to namibia

We paid about 880 EUR per person with South African for the Brussels via Frankfurt to Jo'Burg to Windhoek trip.( for May)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights to namibia

Amendment. All the offers from Turkish Air have vanished (on a carpet no doubt) Qatar seems cheapest but with big overnight stopover time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flights to namibia

Hello PeterenDavy, I am looking for a flight from Windhoek to Brussels in December. Can you please tell me how you managed to get that fare of 880 Euro? Was it an agency or website? Many thanks.