We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

South Portland...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

We have extensive experience traveling around Africa using the minibus system. I thought we could just show up in Katima Mulilo and expect there to be minibuses headed to Windhoek. Someone told me they heard that there aren't minibuses there that head down to Windhoek, is that true? If so, are there any other options besides flying? I know there's an Intercape bus that makes the trip a couple days after we are looking to travel. Thanks for your help!

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

yes you can take a mini bus, but not advisable, those guys are not good drivers!

rather go for intercape then, its an overnight bus.

Namibia
Level Contributor
553 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

As Chris said, the mini buses are not recommended and I would rather walk than to get into one of them. Most of the accidents in this country on the national roads a mini bus is involved.

Change your plan and make use of the Intercape Bus.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

As already mentioned, it is possible to get a minibus down to Windhoek...but they don't exactly have schedules, mind you the least of your worries could be having to hang around waiting for one. They have a tendency to be very overcrowded, rarely have air conditioning and drive like lunatics....so I would take the good advice above and get the Intercape. Much safer, you know exactly when you are departing and how long it will take and you won't be squashed in like sardines. They do tend to play a lot of religious movies, so if that is not your bag then make sure you have an ipod or something to droen it out.

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

4. Re: Katima Mulilo to Windhoek via minibus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 06:16