We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

I was arranging a self drive through this company and recently had an experience that gives me pause about whether I should continue. Thanks!

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

Sorry I am not familiar with the company at all. Where are they based?

Planning a trip to Africa is often a first time experience for many people, so you need to be completely comfortable with your tour operator. I am concerned that you have had an experience that has made you question your decision to book with them.....booking an African holiday shouldn't be a bad experience.

It is hard to say without knowing what happened to make you pause, so it is hard to advise.

Maybe someone on the forum knows of them and can be of more help.

Gemma Dry

Discover Namibia Safaris

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

they are based in the U.K. the experience that gives me pause is that we were close to booking when we realized our friends absolutely had to push back the trip by one day (thus everything had to be rebooked). because it was being rebooked, I added a day in damaraland at a moderate priced place. this led to grumbling by native escapes and a 745 british pounds price jump per person. they said they had previously made mistake in the quote for the vehicle, but i dont know. just feels bad.and the quote i had never did break out what cost was for each place and vehicle, just a total cost.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

Wow. That is quite a price jump.

It is pretty common to have plans change and trips have to be moved back or forward a day or two, happens all the time. As an agent you just move the bookings where possible or make alternate suitable arrangements, so perhaps you are right to be cautious .

I can't see how changing such a small item will make such a rate rise personally.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

I would be very wary.

I would choose one of the in country outfitters. You will save quite a bit of money and get an in country contact if something goes wrong. I used Gemma Dry (above) but there are 4 others on the forum that post regularly. Something doesn't sound right with the story.

5. Re: Any body have experience with Native Escapes tour provider?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:18