We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How was the rainy season this year.

Province of...
Level Contributor
209 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
How was the rainy season this year.

Hi!

I will be travelling early August and was wondering if this has been a dry year as I read somewhere. Will this affect the possibilities of game viewing in August?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How was the rainy season this year.

Hi,

Chris & other locals can give you a better idea but according to a reliable source on Namibian Weather, this year has been the driest since 2007. All the data below :

weather.namsearch.com/wxrainsummary.php…

I think if anything this should increase your chances of game viewing, especially around the waterholes significantly.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How was the rainy season this year.

The rains this year were very poor indeed....which is good if you are a tourist coming for game viewing, but not so good for the locals who will certainly suffer from the bad rains, in a country that doesn't exactly have massive rainfall in a 'good year'

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How was the rainy season this year.

not all of Namibia had bad rains, some areas had more than others, but etosha and the central parts had less, Etosha will be dry in august so you'll find most of the action at the waterholes.

Mentioned in this post
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park
Oshikoto Region, Namibia
4. Re: How was the rainy season this year.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17