We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

I'm looking for some advice on a stop from Etosha to Windhoek for 1 night in Sep. I am looking for a guest farm or lodge within a couple of hours drive of Windhoek. I've seen the Elegant Farmstead and Omtaozu Safari Camp, both of which have good ratings. My budget is around 100-120 Eur for a room, and I'm looking for somewhere with walks and drives where we can see some game. If you have any other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks to those who have replied to some recent other recent posts, they've been most helpful. We're booked for 12 Sep and can't wait to get to Namibia.

Paul

Namibia Tours & Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Wild Dog Safaris
Chameleon Safaris Namibia - Day Tours
Wild Wind Safaris
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,121 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

I am not certain of current prices but we used to use Dusternbrook Guest Farm for our first night out of WDH. It could well serve as a last just as well.

There are Game Drives and walks around the property and the hospitality is excellent.

Swakopmund namibia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

I stay in Namibia and would suggest Erindi game lodge . It is about half way from Etosha to Windhoek close to Omaruru.

calcutta
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

We stayed 3 months back at Franc Indongo lodge. Nice property with lot of game viewing

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

Our family also enjoyed Frans Indongo Lodge. Lovely place, friendly staff, good food and game drives available.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

Thanks all. I was looking at Frans Indongo, but it is full for the date I require. I'll check out Dusternbrook as suggested & keep looking. This is the final stop of our 2 week self-drive left to book.

Paul

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,121 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

Lovely though Frans Indongo is, it is a good four hours from WDH.

Swakopmund, Namibia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

I'd also suggest something around Omaruru. Erindi is great and was already mentioned. You might also want to check out Omaruru Game Lodge.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

I have stayed at Dusternbrook and it was fine, less keen on Erindi. Frans Indongo great but tough that its full. I stayed at the Elegant Farmhouse under its previous tenants and it was very good but now been given a refurb so not sure but reports good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

Thanks for the advice. We have booked Omatozu Game Farm, which had some good reviews and isn't too far from Windhoek. All accommodation booked now, just 4 weeks to go until our trip. Paul

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,121 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stopover between Etosha and Windhoek

Good choice. New one on me so can you find out their website please?

Have a good trip.