We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African Budget Safaris

Hoedspruit, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
African Budget Safaris

africanbudgetsafaris.com/overland-camping-to…

There's this tour in the link provided.

Has anyone of you ever been on this tour?

Or with the company?

Do the operate themselves?

What do you think of them?

Would you recommend this tour?

Looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks so much

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: African Budget Safaris

Looks like a fairly standard Cape to Vic camping safari offered by most of the large overlander tour companies.

The truck in the photo has the Acacia Africa logo on it so I would guess that they are a reseller for Acacia Africa

Hoedspruit, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: African Budget Safaris

Thanks. but you don't have any experiences with African Budget Safaris?? thanks though

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: African Budget Safaris

No sorry.

From looking at their website I can say that the majority of the trips on there are run by other operators and they are just reselling the trips.

Possibly the tailormade trips they will organise themselves maybe, but the rest are all by other operators...so you really want to know who is actually running the trips, and are they any good, as opposed to are the guys that will be taking payment for the trip any good? Although that is important as well of course.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,404 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: African Budget Safaris

Middle men who farm out the business to local carriers.

Their Legal bits clearly show:-

<You may receive several booking forms from various operators involved in your booking. Each of

these booking forms must be completed in full and returned to African Budget Safaris. We will in

turn send them onwards to the various suppliers. Certain operators do not require you to full out a

booking form and any information they may require will be outlined to you via e-mail. Once you

have supplied the information we will in turn pass it on to the supplier.>

Why not make it easier on yourself and go direct to the supplier? Plenty to choose from.

I would.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: African Budget Safaris

I agree with Mfuwe-

Why buy from the re-seller and let them mark it up. Go to the source, save the money. I wouldn't use them.

Hoedspruit, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: African Budget Safaris

Thanks you guys - that really helped!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: African Budget Safaris

Do you know the name of reputable companies that are not resellers?

Thanks

8. Re: African Budget Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:16