We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

citizenship or permanent residence

Cape Town Central...
1 post
Save Topic
citizenship or permanent residence

I resided in walvis bay from 1965 to1993. During that period Walvis Bay was still part of South Africa. I completed my education there, was employed by the SA Defence Force for 5 years and there after was employed by the SA Post Office. I was transferred to the Cape in 1993, still with only a South African ID. My husband was also in the Defence Force completing his 2 years compulsory national service. My son was born in Walvis Bay and my brother as his family are residence in namibia. I wish to return to Walvis Bay but am afraid that it will be a never ending battle and probably cost a fortune. Please advise asap.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: citizenship or permanent residence

Someone may chime in and help, but remember this is a travel forum. This is not the best forum for getting residency and immigration advice. You may do better with an attorney that deals with Namibian immigration. Perhaps contact the Namibian embassy. I don't think you will get what you are looking for on this forum. All I hear on this forum is how hard it is to get Namibian residency. Next to impossible.

Somerset West...
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: citizenship or permanent residence

I know quite a number of people wirh residency and although it involve some paperwork it is not realky such an issue. I suggest you visit the nam tourism office in cape town (st george's mall bottom end) and ask if they can refer you to an emigration agency who can assist.

3. Re: citizenship or permanent residence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17