We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The website Hotels Combined

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The website Hotels Combined

This site refers users to Hotelopia and Otel.com for hotel bookings. The hotel I am interested in is full accruing to several of the well known players e.g. Expedia, Agoda.

Otel has been commented on previously in this forum. Has anyone used Hotelopia for bookings?

I have been caught once before when a popular hotel was 'full' so I am wary.

Denish

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The website Hotels Combined

You could try Booking.com &/or Hotels.com,I have used Booking.com for Cape Town,but although I have the app for Hotels.com I have not used them yet.I hope this may be of some use to you.Seasonal greetings from the UK.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Thanks for that. Unfortunately no luck.

And seasonal greetings from Sydney.

Denish

Somerset West...
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The website Hotels Combined

I'v used hotels.com for bookings in SA successfully

Edited: 26 December 2013, 06:31
Somerset West...
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The website Hotels Combined

I'v used hotels.com for bookings in SA successfully

Edited: 26 December 2013, 06:35
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Hi denish which place are you looking at? Perhaps you can contact them direct to check availability instead of going through third party booking site?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Thanks. Yes I have approached them directly i.e Hansa Hotel,Grootberg and Dolomite.

The issue can be, I am told, that travel agents may make 'blanket' bookings for the more popular hotels etc. So the hotel's records show they are full when that may not necessarily be the case.

Denish

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Larger tour operators hold provisional bookings which will be released closer to the arrival date if they do not confirm with a rooming list and/or deposit.

It won't be places like Hotels.com and sites that you have mentioned so it is a waste of time to go that way.

Also I had clients last year that insisted on doing their own booking for Sossus Dune Lodge with Expedia, because Sossus Dune Lodge were full....but they reckoned they could get a room that way.

I said we would need to chase over time for the room.

Expedia gave them a confirmation number and then the week before arrival e mailed them to say they didn't manage to get the room afterall because Sossus Dune Lodge was full!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Hello Gemma,

Thank you for your advice - glad to see you are alive and well.

We did approach your company directly and you emailed us on November 29 to say you could assist us with our visit to Namibia. I followed up with emails to you on November 29 and December 6 but did not receive a response. Don't know what the problem was - I can of course send you a copy of our emails if you wish.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The website Hotels Combined

Hi Denish. Alive and well yes :o)

Perhaps our spam filter got hold of you?? It went a bit overactive for a while (I fiddled with some settings to stop getting so much junkmail) and probably should have left well alone. The start of December was hectic busy though with last minute Christmas groups so if we accidentally missed you apologies.

10. Re: The website Hotels Combined

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:19