We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

We are a couple looking for a 8-10 day guided accommodated tour of Northern Namibia - Estosha, Hima, Damara, Waterberg etc. We have done Swakop and the dunes.

Could you recommend a operator who does the tour and is not a reseller of other tours? We plan to travel in mid February 2014.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

Try Namibia Tracks and Trails. They have organized 2 trips for us, we met the owner Monica last year and she is lovely. We are about to head over for a trip and will spend 3 weeks in Namibia organised through them. Otherwise there are a few operators who are involved on the forums here - Discover Namibia, ATI holidays and others who are reputable and I'm sure would help you with a quote.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

We use Gemma Dry with Discover Namibia. She is the destination expert here on the forum and comes with rave reviews of hundreds of users. She is fabulous. I would recommend contacting her. We have used her twice in the last 2 years. When we go back, we will use her again. We did just the north back in July (skipped Swak and the dunes this time).

Good luck!

Stephen

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

Thanks LKK01. Your information is very helpful

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

Hi Stephen:

Appreciate the information on Gemma.

Did you take a tour or self drive?

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

My 26 day self drive has been arranged through ATl.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

we also had Gemma Dry to organise our trip, just the 2 of us with a private car and driver. I think she can also organise a small group tour . I plan to use her again for our next trip.

7. Re: Looking for a Northern Namibia tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17