We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

Hannover
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a one-night-stop between Erongo Wilderness Lodge and Dolomite Camp in mid February.

Just can't decide whether to go to Grootberg or to Ugab...

Any help is very much appreciated :-)

Thank you!

Volker

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,813 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

I don't know Ugab Terrace but love Grootberg. However if only for an overnight B& I should take the one nearest the road.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,953 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

Hi Volker,

I think you will regret not spending more time in Damaraland. An overnight stop will not do it justice.

Sorry, I have not stayed at either of those places. But when I stayed at Etendeka camp, another couple of guests arrived at the main gate at about 5pm. They then had to be brought to the camp by the camp's 4x4, which took an hour. And in the morning, they had the reverse drive.

So, all they saw of the 30,000 hectares was the entrance road. As Mfuwe says, its worth choosing somewhere close to a road if you are short of time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

Maybe we will cross paths we are at dolomite in mid-feb too. We will be coming from grootberg. Push it to 2 nights if u can if not then pick the closest/most convenient option as either way you won't be there long for a 1 night stop.

4. Re: Ugab Terrace Lodge or Grootberg Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18