We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Has anyone had recent dealings with this agent? They have had good reviews previously but that was a few years ago and a lot can happen in that time,, good managers leave etc.

39 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

We used them last year and they were excellent.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

We have just booked a Namibia tour with Allison at Cardboard Box for June this year. Our dealings with her over the past few months have been nothing short of amazing. My wife is the kind of person who likes to know everything to the last detail and Allison was always there to answer her questions fully and patiently.

The final tour package we received from her is full of useful information and very professionally done. We couldn't have asked for more.

Will write about how our tour turns out when we return in early July

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

We worked with them to plan and book our upcoming two week trip and they were fantastic! Very perceptive, very flexible, well informed. I'm happy to have worked with them. We started with the itinerary ideas they have on their site, and then package/modified them to fit our budget and interests. The women we worked with was super friendly and helpful every step of the way.

-Karl

Edited: 11 May 2014, 03:10
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

We worked with Norelle, she was fantastic! -Karl

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Hi similar to Canadianloonie we have been working with Allison at CB for the last year planning our Namibian trip in June. Excellent communication, thoughtful advice and tight pricing. Proof will be in the pudding but I have very high confidence at this point!

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Thanks everyone for your replies. I also found them very professional through the planning/booking phase with no amount of revisions being an issue. We have gone with them and from all accounts I am sure we will have a very successful trip next year.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Used this company in March this year and Norelle was incredibly helpful. I had no problem with documents and payment over the internet. I am going back to Namibia next year and intend to use them again. If you would like to go somewhere truly beautiful Dolomite Camp in western Etosha is the place. Enjoy your travels

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

This is an update of my previous post in May in this thread.

Our two week self-drive of southern Namibia arranged by Cardboard Box is over and what a fantastic trip it was. Allison planned everything to the last detail. In our email exchanges she gave us a lot of useful suggestions regarding selection of tours, routes and lodges. Working with her to take advantage of her wealth of knowledge can make all the difference to your trip. When she had to be away for a short while as we were finalizing our itinerary, she made sure another person backed her up.

All the bookings came off smoothly, no problems whatsoever. Avis at the airport had our car ready when we landed and handed us a large package which Allison had left with them to be delivered to us personally. It contained everything we needed for our self-drive including vouchers, tour books, specific tour details, driving tips, emergency phone numbers, and maps with highlighted routes, fuelling stops and lodge locations. All the transfers were there on time. All the accommodations we were supposed to be staying in were expecting us when we showed up. Everything went like clockwork. Overall, it was a very satisfying experience. Well done Cardboard Box.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

Good to hear, Canadianloonie! Will you post also a detailed trip report?

Edited: 22 July 2014, 07:34
Bologna
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cardboard Box Travel Company

I'm a little sad our experience so far wasn't as good as others'.. We booked with CardBoard and we're leaving in a week.

Lilly was our contact but I'm sorry to say we are not that satisfied.. She has always been nice, but I cannot say she's been helpful. At all.

I had to write her several times to get answers to simple questions like a driving time, and to some other questions (like, what she suggested for meeting Himba) she just never replied (and I got tired of asking). She never gave us any advice despite the fact that we asked.

The main reason we decided to go for Cardboard instead of doing everything on our own as we generally do was that we hoped they would have helped us with their knownledge of country, but this hasn't been the case. They just booked us the stuff we asked for and that was it.

I hope I change my opinion by the time I come back..

Reply to: The Cardboard Box Travel Company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted