We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is this review going to stay up?

Kungalv, Sweden
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
How long is this review going to stay up?

How long is this review going to stay? I’ve reported several times that it’s about the wrong place, but nothing ever happens.

tripadvisor.se/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

The reviewer has mixed up the names, it’s about the Namib desert lodge but it’s posted for the Namtib desert lodge, note the different spelling. It can’t be about the Namtib desert lodge because a swimming pool is mentioned and they don’t have one.

I’m a bit disappointed that Trip Advisor don’t fix mistakes like this.

/Neil

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

It really is a shame that TA does not rectify such an obvious mistake.

BTW, Neil, would you be kind and send me by PM more details about Namtib Lodge?! I am looking for a stopover between Fish River Canyon and Sossusvlei next May.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

Have a look at Farm Kanaan, stunning there.

Namtib is cool too, but I prefer for camping.

You have to drive the D707 or else!!! But you could then keep driving and stay at Namib Rand Family Hideout!

Edited: 10 June 2014, 22:56
Kungalv, Sweden
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

Xelas, heres a snip from our review:

“The Namtib Desert Lodge is a lovely place, very quiet, and as far off the beaten track as you can get. It’s down in the South of the Namibian desert nestling against the Tiras mountains. Even so the road there was quite good. Long but very beautiful, well worth the drive it, we saw Oryx, Springbok and Ostrich by the roadside. You have a private courtyard to the room which is a nice touch, and also helps to keep the room pleasantly cool, we liked the room a lot. Food was excellent. The garden was full of birds, there was an Acacia pied barbet nesting when we visited in February. But what we liked best, was the short hiking trail, they give you a little numbered guidebook, and you go off on your own and can tick off the plants by number as you go, that was great fun.”

That said, I agree with Gemma, there are other places, and for next year we have chosen Lovedale guest farm near Helmeringhausen because they seem to have nicer plants. The owners at Namtib desert lodge were very pissed off about the situation with the name, they have always been called the Namtib desert lodge, so when the place up near Sossus changed their name to Namib desert lodge they complained, but to no avail. And it makes a mockery of their reviews on TA when they keep getting reviews for the wrong place, especially since the other place gets slightly worse reviews!

/Neil

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

Thank you both! So D707 is THE road to drive?

Kungalv, Sweden
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

The D707 was a nice road, but I’m afraid it hasn’t left an indelible memory. I can’t even remember what was so fantastic about it! Our favorites were the one between sesriem and swakop, and the long road from Stampriet in the Kalahari to Keetmashoop, I think it was the C15 and C17. The disadvantage of the D707 is that it’s quite a detour to go to Duwisib castle, so this time we’ll be going the other way through Helmeringhausen, then we get to drive past it.

/Neil

6. Re: How long is this review going to stay up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:16