We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation/activities around Otjiwarongo

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation/activities around Otjiwarongo

We are spending 2 nights around Otjiwarongo late October and considering either going to the Cheetah Conservation Fund, Africat or Mt. Etjo.

Can anyone recommend which is best or what the main differences are?

As we are camping, Africat currently seems the least interesting. I understand that you may not be able to take part in game drives and cheetah tracking as this is primarily resevered from lodge guests.

Namibia
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation/activities around Otjiwarongo

If you are camping, then I would recommend that you stay at the Waterberg Wilderness Lodge as they have great campsites and you can also visit the Waterberg National Park and do some hiking there.

I guess you are going to Etosha afterwards and then you can stop over at the Cheetah Conservation Fund on your way there. It's only a small detour and worth the trip.

AfriCat though also has a good campsite, have a look at the Okonjima webpage, but I think the Waterberg option gives you more choice and things to do.

Clive - Suricate Safaris Namibia

2. Re: Accomodation/activities around Otjiwarongo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:17