We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questor Insurance excess

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Questor Insurance excess

I have been quoted a price for excess by a car rental company which is over £300. Tyres & windscreen cover is then additional on top, giving a total of approx ZAR8000.

Followed this question on this forum & everyone recommends Questor as much lower priced - which indeed it is.

However, has anyone ever had to claim against Questor & how easy was this process.

I know you have to pay the car hire damage cost first & then claim it back from Questor so just need to know if they do actually pay up without too much hassle.

What is the likelihood of windscreen & tyre damage - driving up & through Etosha & back around to Swakopmund

Thanks

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questor Insurance excess

Tyre and windscreen cover is problematic. You are on gravel roads so flying stones from speeders overtaking is a real risk. It has not happened to me (yet) in many trips but one day I am sure it may.

Tyres should not suffer abnormally. I think that risk is you don't 'feel' the flat until too late and the carcase has been destroyed. Some 'tight' Hire companies won't accept a simple puncture repair not done in their shops so beware of this and only deal with a firm of good reputation.

As to the normal XS I never bother with it. It only kicks in to waive a gap between Zero and around £1500 or so. Pay £300 or 'risk' £1500 maybe. For me "So far so good" .

Can't help with Questor but be aware that many off the shelf cover does not cover "RVs" and Off road capable vehicles of which a standard 4x4 is one!

Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questor Insurance excess

If you read the answer I made re Questor, see top questions above it might help. C

3. Re: Questor Insurance excess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:17