We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety? Health concerns

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Safety? Health concerns

https:/…

I recently just read this one. I’m not going till next year but wondering if it’s advisable to still go to Africa. I’m going to Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa as well.

3 replies to this topic
TX
Level Contributor
563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety? Health concerns

I once met a tourist in Turkey that wouldn’t come to the US because of hurricanes and tornadoes. I suppose everyone has their own irational fears, but don’t let them stop you from seeing the world. Enjoy your trip.

cambridge
Level Contributor
307 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety? Health concerns

Yup

Ebola in the DRC, Cholera endemic, Rabies across the entire continent, Malaria, yellow fever, etc etc, it’s amazing anyone is still alive, and yet the population seems to grow and grow

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety? Health concerns

Shock Horror!

<The deadly plague epidemic that has rocked the island of Madagascar could reach mainland Africa.>

Did you read the word "could"?

Yes it 'could' reach Africa. It could reach Melbourne. Or it 'could' be brought under control with simple antibiotics.

Never base your travel plans on uninformed gutter press articles or you will never get out of bed.

Reply to: Safety? Health concerns
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windhoek
Recent Conversations