We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware od scammers

europe
5 posts
Save Topic
beware od scammers

I'll like you to be aware that a so-called tour agent by the name of 'UNIQUE TRAVEL' in NAMIBIA is going about scamming people by making people put money into their bank account then disappearing with the money. I have been a victim of such a SCAM unfortunately, and I am sure there are many other victims out there.

People should try to search for the serious and genuine tour operators so as not to get caught up in similar predicament

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,791 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware od scammers

Can you explain how the scam works? I can't see how they 'make people put money in their account'?

How did you choose this company? Where did you find them? Information about this would be helpful.

Thanks and sorry you lost money, but hopefully your experience will help others.

2. Re: beware od scammers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:17