We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distances within Windhoek

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Distances within Windhoek

Hi, I will be staying in the Hotel Safari (corner of Aaus and Aviation streets). Does anyone know if it os possiblke to walk into the city centre from here or is it too far? If it is miles how much should a a taxi cost for this journey?

Thank you so much!

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distances within Windhoek

I have been there, it is slightly out of the city centre. Very difficult to say how far, but it can't be more than 4 or 5 miles.

I have no idea what exactly a taxi will cost, sorry. A very rough guess would be around $10 US

Why don't you get something closer? With our last trip we stayed at Tamboti guesthouse, easy 1 mile walking distance from the city centre.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 20:59
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distances within Windhoek

Thank you. Doesn't sound like I could easily walk it. Unfortunately it's the joining hotel of an orgsnised tour so I'm stuck with it.

3. Re: Distances within Windhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:18