We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

Which Windhoek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

Hi, I am doing a safari from Windhoek and will be staying a night in Windhoek on either end. I will not have a car. The hostel will arrange for an airport transfer for N$250 each way. Is this a reasonable rate? Seems silly that a taxi should cost twice as much as a bed.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

That's pretty standard. It is usually per transfer rather than per person. From experience I would rather pay for a private transfer like that than take taxi, but that's just me. At least you know they will be there to get you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

Two yrs ago I had Shuttle Namibia pick me up at the airport (www.shuttlenamibia.com). Then, they charged N$200 pp and 160 pp if more than one. It work out very well: the driver was waiting for me and he stopped at a bank in town for me so I could get some cash from an ATM.

Edited: 07 January 2012, 21:26
Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

The airport is some distance from the city - about 20-30 minutes or so.

USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

Thank you all for your responses.

5. Re: Is N$250 from airport to the city center a reasonable rate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 10:26