We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day in Windhoek

Which Windhoek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Day in Windhoek

Hi,

I am looking to arrive in Windhoek late in the afternoon, I will then have the following day free before travelling on the following afternoon (hope that makes sense!). As I will have a full day free I thought about doing a tour from Windhoek and leaving the city, does anyone have any advice on how to spend this day? I will be on my own if that makes any difference.

Thank you!!!

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day in Windhoek

Hi, you could try contacting Windhoek Tours & Transfers for a quote on a day trip, they can offer Township Tours (half day), or trips out to nearby lodges such as Naankuse or Okapuka which offer game drives & a restaurant for lunch. There are also lots of other day tour companies, but these are the guys we use and they have always been reliable.

Enjoy!

Charlotte

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day in Windhoek

If you don't want to leave the city the Namibia Holiday & Travel provides info for a great walking tour to see everything that Windhoek has to offer.

venturepublications.com.na/ezines/…

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day in Windhoek

In view of its semi-desert location, Windhoek is a really attractive city: hills, lovely waterwise gardens, fascinating German architecture, squeaky clean. I've only spent time there on short business trips but have made myself a promise to one day spend a couple of days there on my own time. Personally I'd go with the walking tour!

4. Re: Day in Windhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:18